May 19, 2008

ClinicalCases Blog Presents a "Competitor": CasesJournal.com

I want to make a great plause for the Clinical Clases blog that I have regularly on my feeds. Very honestly it introduces today a new online open access - peer reviewed journal: the Cases Journal.

Cases Journal is a peer-reviewed, open access journal publishing case reports from any area of healthcare that are understandable, ethical, authentic and include all information essential to its interpretation. Case reports will be archived in PubMed Central, and incorporated into our forthcoming database of case reports.

The reasons for this new journal are exposed in it's first editorial. Fortunately this is not one of those "physicians only" resources, which students can't even look into. Cases Journal states it's meant to be for everyone, and everyone is invited to give a contribution with comments.

I personally find the website's structure still a bit too primitive, but I hope, as more papers start being published, that new features will be implemented, making it a real web 2.0 learning community.

3 comments:

  1. As a PDF fan I like the option for having the articles in PDF format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your running is very impressive.
    I still cannot get my act together and organize my workout. There is something always going on, and I loose my focus. Anyways, for some time I am trying to keep truck on my eating. It is not a big success so far, but it is coming along slowly. You can find me on: http://www.thedailyplate.com/groups/group/doctors-group-lets-show-the-world-that-we-also-eat-healthy-and-exercise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nickname is dodidok there right? Sorry, I get confused sometimes. I prefer to keep a meticolous track of my workouts, doing so also for the diet would be for me too much time consuming unfortunately. I am impressed by how much proteins broncosstoa eats every day. I just read on a review (P W Lemon, Beyond the zone: protein needs of active individuals, Journal of the American College of Nutrition (2000) vol. 19 (5 Suppl) pp. 513S-521S) that there is a plateau in increasing muscle size at a protein intake of 1.4 g/kg if you are not getting creatine or other junk.
    I find running very relaxing and zen. For strenght I also weight lift 2-3 times a week and swim 2-3 times. Ah, check this out: http://zenrun10k.com/ !

    ReplyDelete